Pages

Thursday, May 01, 2008

We met, we talked and....we ate

For months together, mails were exchanged, plans were made,and then, eleven strangers decided to meet under one roof on May 1st, 2008.
What brought them together is nothing other than the passion to write about good food. There were the initial akward silences, but then as time passed, peopled opened up and we found
ourselves discussing stuff other than food. We talked about our babies.....how ridiculous it is that we have to register them in school as soon as we see two pink lines......and lots of other stuff.

A food bloggers' meet is never complete without the presence of food.....and boy, was there food!!!!
Lakshmi graciously opened up her house to us.....and also made yummy delicious tava bread and thayir sadam......thank you, Laks.....
Rachel baked a lovely looking and even lovelier tasting ladenia for us......Kamini's aloo tikkis were lip-smacking good.....Srivalli's Channa pulao and raita were awesome...
Sra's paneer curry and Arundati's Idiyappam and Mango pulissery both were perfectly delicious.
Nirmala's florentines, which to her dismay, were called cookies by everybody, tasted fabulous.....after all, what's in a name, Nimmi???
Kamalika's chakkara pongal and Lavi's Rosogullas were the ultimate sweet treats.....Yours truly took along chakkavaratty payasam, the recipe of which will be posted soon.
Whew!!! There, didn't I tell u there was A LOT of good food.
This meet also made me realise something else.....
I'd forgotten to take my camera along...and so, had to wait until the others had taken several pictures of the food from different angles...
...and that's when I understood what my family truly goes through when I put food on the table and then ask them to stand around and gaze at it until I've taken enough pictures :-))
A lovely potluck, good company and a great time....that's what we had....and I really, really hope we do this again.....

27 comments:

sra said...

Jayashree, thanks for this nice post! It was quite an experience, wasn't it? I've still not got out of that mood - and the sweet-tangy 'chakravarthi', as Valli kept calling it :-D, was v new to me - thanks for that.

Srivalli said...

This is too fast!..the meet was just too lovely!

Arundathi said...

:D I laughed out loud about the photography and waiting around part! lol!!! it was so fabulous to meet all of you - we are definitely going to do this again!

Lavanya Raj said...

Nice Post Jayashree..Your payasam was so good..waiting for the recipe..

Unknown said...

WOW I didn't know there were so many of you in Chennai...next time I'm there, hope to meet some :) There's no active food blogger from Bombay and Im jealous you are such a big enthu bunch, not to mention drooling at all the good food !

SpicyTasty said...

God ! I wish I were there. Looks like You guys really had fun. I can't wait to see the pictures.

kamala said...

Nice post Jayashree.Hope u guys enjoyed much.We miss u

Siri said...

U gurls had so much fun without me??..wish I cud there with u ppl, eating those yummy goodies...better luck next time.. what say Jaya!..;)

Lovely post and the best part was ur wait till the goodies are photographed...hehehe

Siri

Miri said...

Wow! I am so envious - I wish I were back in Chennai and then even I could have met up! ;)

Seems like a great time and brilliant food! Post pics people!

Miri

Uma said...

Wow, you all met? Glad to know you all had so much fun. The food list sounds so mouth-watering.

Tee said...

You gals had a lot of fun! Just reading the list of food made my mouth water!
Its great to actaully get together and knw more about each other. :)

Rajitha said...

ah! how fun..i have been jealous ever since sra had mentioned to me about the meet!!

Kalai said...

So glad to hear that you all had such a fabulous time!! Looking forward to that recipe. :)

Bong Mom said...

You guys had so much fun and such good food :)

Anonymous said...

Tell me about waiting until the pics were clicked :D...

Cham said...

Hope you guys had fun, man lots of yummy food. I am looking forward of chakravarthi recipe.

sunita said...

It must have been so much fun...and what a spread :-)

mitr_bayarea said...

Jayashree-

really cool to meet all Chennai food bloggers...wish I got invited to one here in Bay Area.

notyet100 said...

hey nice yar.,,reading about all this,,,me feel like havin food blogger meet in singapore

Latha Narasimhan said...

Laks went on and on about the meet over phone! :)) I am so happy for all you girls! :)) It sure must have left all of you relaxed and rejunevated!! Eagerly looking forward to meet all of you during my next chennai trip! :))

Sagari said...

hope u had a wonderfull time jayashree

SMN said...

Jayashree luks like u guys ahd a blast.

jayasree said...

Looks like you all had a lovely time.
Great spread.

FH said...

MY MY!! What fun! I saw the food buffet at Sri and was drooling!:D

Suganya said...

That was nice reading that.... Hope u enjoyed a lot.....

Lavanya Raj said...

Jayashree.. I have tagged you to do a meme.. do check my blog.

Archana Vivek said...

All dishes are looking great and so tempting though!!