Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I loved the picture associated with this fried rice recipe so much that I decided I had to try it out. However, I did not have all the ingredients that the recipe required. So I decided to improvise and make it what I had on hand. Here's what I did.....


What u need:
Basmati rice - 1 cup
Vegetables(carrot,beans,potatoes,peas)-1 cup, cut into thin long pieces
Onion - 1, chopped fine
Green bell pepper - 1/2, cut into thin strips
Green chillies - 2 or 3, minced
Red Chilli sauce - 5 tbsp
Soy sauce - 2 tbsp
Tomato ketchup - 2 tsp
Salt - as required

Cook rice in a pressure cooker with 1.5 cups of water until one whistle. Heat 3 tsp of ghee/oil. Fry the cooked rice in this until the grains are separated. Set this aside.
Heat 2 tsp of oil. Saute green chillies and onion until browned. Add bell pepper and other vegetables. Stir everything together and add 1.5 cups of water. Cook on a high flame until all the water evaporates. Add this to the rice.
Heat 2 tsp of oil. Add the red chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and soya sauce and stir for a minute until the mixture thickens slightly. Pour this on top of the rice. Add salt and stir everything together until it is thoroughly mixed.
Serve hot.
Njoy!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic and looks delicious and sounds easy. will have to try it. thanks for sharing.

Jaya M said...

Yes !! this is what my kind of food is , fantastic and yummy!!

Vani said...

The picture looks good!

Rajesh &Shankari said...

I have not tried with soy sauce and ketchup, will try this recipe

Bong Mom said...

the pics looks sooooo good...

FH said...

Photo is brilliantly bright Jaya! I saw that fried rice too, riot of color. Got to make some kurma for your fried rice now, Jaya:))

Lakshmi said...

first time to your site, the pulav looks yummy

Menu Today said...

Hi,
Nice colour!!! And it looks delicious.

LERA said...

yummmmmm!Love the aroma anyday! it has a lovely grainy texture that makes it so appealing:)

Mandira said...

Colorful, delicious rice. Would go well with anything!

LERA said...

Wow! so many delicious dishes in a single post ,just can't resist these...BB is my all time fav with chips.

chitra said...

Am going to try it today. Looks delicious.

Thanks for dropping by my site. Please continue to do so.