Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

From Chitra Amma's kitchen to mine

Have you ever seen something and then craved it so badly that you set out to make it even though you do not have enough of the main ingredient?

That's what happened to me once I saw Dibs' recipe for Bournvita fudge. The fact that I had only a teeny weeny bit of maida in the pantry did nothing to deter me from trying it out. I used half a cup of maida and half a cup of besan and proceeded with the recipe. This is an absolutely fantastic dish which is guaranteed to disappear even before it is completely cooled. I heated it a little longer than Dibs suggests because I wanted it to be of burfi consistency. Despite using the tiniest glass in my home to measure out the ingredients, I was able to turn out a decent number of fudge squares.
This recipe is definitely a keeper. Thank you Dibs.

13 comments:

Finla said...

I saw this there. This looks yumm.

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

mouthwatering fudge.. yummmmmy

Dibs said...

Jayashree - That was very quick! WOW! Congratulations! Your fudge turned out lovely! Besan is a great twist ...Bournvita Mysore Pak? :-)))). I like the digitial 'black & white to colour' effect in the snap!

Unknown said...

I saw this yesterday and you prepared it so soon..looks yummy...

Andhra Flavors said...

mouthwatering fudge.

jayasree said...

I make this too...I know that it disappears very fast.

Yasmeen said...

Tasty idea of fudge with bournvita!

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Well, Bournvita in a fudge is new to me. It looks so good. Perfect for the season.

Uma said...

I also saw this recently at Chitra amma's place and you already made it. Good job Jaya! looks awesome.

ST said...

Fudge looks divine jayashree:)

Nidhi said...

Bournvita Fudge! Interesting. Looking yummy!

Uma said...

Wishing you and your family a happy diwali!

amna said...

i love it when u mix such things to make something. such things = bournvita, complan, marie biscuits, oats, random stuff in the kitchen whose main purpose is something else.

really love the idea :)