Pages

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

MEC-Celebrating bloggers round-up

I have always wondered why people host events. Sending out e-mails, checking entries for adherence to rules, collating all the entries in one place, and then thinking out a post that would put all these together in an interesting manner – PHEW!!! To me, that has always seemed like too much work.
When I said YES to hosting Valli’s MEC, it was the analyst in me that was at the forefront. I really wanted to find out for myself what made people do this.
Now that I’ve done it, I can tell you – THIS IS ADDICTIVE. I would never have thought that receiving a mail with the subject line MEC in it could make me so happy or that a day without any entries could have me so worried. Believe me, I loved hosting so much, I am already thinking of other event ideas.
Here’s the lineup of entries that Celebrate fellow bloggers.

“Bookmarking dishes from other blogs and trying them out is no more anything new to me..I do that all the time!!” says Divya, as she cooks up some amazing looking Chundo from Srivalli’s blog.


“It was a simple, yummy dessert, which could be prepared under 20 minutes in a MW”, is what Suma has to say about this Beet halwa made from Mahima’s blog.


Paneer is a guaranteed party pleaser. Nandini sends in Palak Paneer which she tried from Cham’s blog.


Here’s one entry that I can vouch for because I tasted it and polished it off by the end of the day. New blogger Nirmala cooked up this amazing Chocolate Cashew Almond burfi from My Culinary Endeavours.


“Iam getting very tensed, when the stuff is in oven, like i was in exam hall. i have successfully burnt cookies in my previous attempt's.” If you look at the eggless coconut and raisin scones that Lavi has made from Aparna’s blog, you will definitely not believe what she says about her cookies.


I started following Priya’s blog recently and am awed by the number of posts that pop up on my reader each day. She sends in not one, but two entries. Check out the brinjal chips she has made from Valli’s blog

and the mixed veggie halwa made from her namesake’s blog.


Sowmya sends in two entries, both chosen from my blog – Kasi halwa

and tandoori aloo,

Thank you for choosing my recipes, Sowmya. You have no idea how happy I am.

Valar makes halwa making sound like a breeze with this Carrot halwa made from Lubna’s blog.


Blogging introduces me to something new each day. Never before reading Jayasree’s post (based on Priya’s recipe) did I know that fresh jackfruit could be used to make payasam.


"Whenever i return from India first thing he checks with me is Did u get Grand Sweets/Aavin Thirati Paal?", says Priya , talking of her husband’s love for therattipal. Now that she has this microwave version tried from her friend’s blog, she doesn’t have to make trips to Aavin any more.

It is not just a sweet tooth that Priya satisfies…..she also brings in a healthy microwave spinach raita cooked from Suma’s blog

and baby-corn potato stir fry from Valli’s blog.


How long do you think it will take to make tandoori paneer? Iam sure there’s no way you would have guessed five minutes. That’s what Umm Razeen does – she whips up a mean looking dish of tandoori paneer from Priya’s blog, quicker than you can say Microwave Easy Cooking.


Aparna’s scones find another taker in Tasty Curry Leaf. Curry leaf says she is surprised that scones can be made in the microwave.


I made Sowmya’s eggless chocolate cake which is just perfect to satisfy any cravings for something sweet in a jiffy

and Indira’s strawberry cake which was baked close to midnight and polished off in a remarkably short amount of time.


Thank you all for you lovely entries. If I have inadvertently made any mistakes or left out any entries, please do let me know.

17 comments:

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Wonderful Roundup Jayashree!!!

Priya Suresh said...

So many tempting and droolworthy MW dishes...Fabulous roundup..

jayasree said...

That's a lovely round up... Amazing number of entries. Good job Jayashree. Looking forward to more events at your place.

Niloufer Riyaz said...

a nice roundup full of microwave goodies

SathyaSridhar said...

wooow!!! superb recipes nice round up..Jayshri. seeing all recipes makes me hungry simply superb delicious recipes,,i like all the foods listed here dear,,,thanks for sharing these nice recipes..

sra said...

Nice turnout! Hope to participate at least in your next event ;)

Unknown said...

lovely round up...

Lavanya Raj said...

You are absolutely Right, getting 2/3 entries will make me happy!

Great Roundup! I have to try thirattu paal, ur strawberry cake and Mango chunda.

CurryLeaf said...

Superb round upHappy to be a part of it

Champa said...

Nice roundup.

Sowjanya@Ruchikacooks said...

Nice round up, so many recipes to make in a MW and they all are tried and tasted from our friends..

Srivalli said...

Wow so many wonderful entries!..Great job Jay..and I can understand how addictive it can become...:)

Unknown said...

wonderful and yummy entries........Thanks to jay for hosting it.Looking forward for more events.

Bharathy said...

Fabulous Round up, Girl!! :)
Love all :)...
The strawberry cake looks so yummy!! :)

SpicyTasty said...

Nice roundup jayashree. Every recipe makes me to crave for it. Thanks for sharing

mitr_bayarea said...

Jayashree,

Visiting here after almost a year, lovely to note that the cooking passion still exists. Thanks for stopping by my space during my absence.

egglesscooking said...

Those are some mouth watering dishes and the bonus is it can be prepared in a jiffy. The beet root alwa is especially very tempting.