Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

More plants from the back yard

My father is an avid gardener. There are several kinds of plants and trees that grow in the back yard of my parents' home. Here are some pics that I took during a recent visit.

This is the picture of a banana flower where the fruit is about to come out. In fact, the first fruits came out the day after I clicked this photo. This particular variety of banana goes by the name of robusta in Kerala and Morris in Tamilnadu.


These little red chillies are not very spicy and my mother uses these liberally in her cooking.
Isn't it wonderful to be able to walk to your back yard and pick out fresh vegetables and fruits for everyday use?
Check out what my fellow marathoners Srivalli, Priya Suresh, Priya Vasu,Gayatri,Monika, PJ, Azeema,Usha, Ayeesha,Veena, Soumya and Reva are cooking.

5 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Wish to go around ur backyard..

Umm Mymoonah said...

You have got nice garden, guess you can get fresh fruit and veg from your garden

Gayu said...

Wish I had a backyard like yours!!

G
http://ensamayalarangam.blogspot.com

MySpicyKitchen said...

I do wish I had a backyard!

http://www.myspicykitchen.net

Unknown said...

wow, they look so nice. I love gardening but I am still learning.