Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Spicy bittergourd curry with no oil

A super spicy and tasty dish that can be made entirely in the microwave....this is a recipe that I found in one of my Microwave Cookbooks.What you need:
Bitter gourd - 3 large, deseeded and chopped fine
Thick, sour curd - 1/4 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Rice flour - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt

Take the bittergourd and just enough water to cover it in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 3 minutes.
Drain the water completely. Mix in the other ingredients. Spread on a microwaveable dish and heat for 8 minutes or until crisp.
Tastes great with rice or just by itself.

14 comments:

Rachel said...

Bittergourd :D am a bitter friend of it :)

Uma said...

no oil? great. looks yum.

Seena said...

Yeah, am another friend!
Onathinu naattil varunnille kuttee..? :)

sra said...

I valiantly try this every time I see it somewhere, but somehow it needs a bit of jaggery to make me stick with it. :(

Unknown said...

nice recipe...will try it sometme..looks tasty..

ST said...

No oil thats great......looks delicious....

Indian Khana said...

This looks really gud...and no oil and now thts interesting..thanks for the wonderful recipe..

Laavanya said...

Oh that sounds like an easy, yummy way to make pavakkai - hope to try it soon.

KonkaniBlogger said...

Oh, thts looks nice and easy too..

anudivya said...

Love this recipe! I am into healthy cooking and this sounds perfect!

Divya

Sum Raj said...

without oil...amazing..looks nice

Nirmala said...

Crispy spicy bitter gourd ? Thats is simply superb! I hope I can try this with my OTG too.

Deepthi Shankar said...

hey thatz a new dish for me .. looks nice

Anonymous said...

wow a curry with no oil!! yummy..